Top ten salaries in Kuwait - Gulf Business Survey
Kuwait Published on: 09 April, 2017 @ 12:11 AM
Here are the top ten salaries in Kuwait. All the amounts are monthly averages taken from Asian, Western and Arab expat salaries with data collated from Charterhouse Middle East and Nadia.
- Chief executive officer/managing director — multinational: $34,271 (10448.10 KWD)
- Chief executive officer/managing director — local company: $22,178 (6761.34 KWD)
- Banking —treasury manager: $13,224 (4031.56 KWD)
- Information technology — manager: $12,097 (3687.98 KWD)
- Construction — project manager: $11,853 (3613.59 KWD)
- Legal — lawyer marketer/manager: $10,355 (3150.80 KWD)
- Banking — retail/personal banking manager: $9,625 (2934.34 KWD)
- Real estate — manager: $9,610 (2929.77 KWD)
- Banking — branch manager: $9,577 (2919.71 KWD)
- Healthcare — general practitioner/ manager: $9,416 (2870.63 KWD)
According to Ian Giulianotti, director at Nadia, job security is being increasingly valued in the region as mass redundancies in some sectors and more modest salary offers reduce job hopping in comparison to recent years. “If we talk about two or three years ago, the majority of people were looking to change their jobs for financial benefit, to improve the amount of money they had,” he said. “At that time most of the candidates that were registering with us would be looking for a 20 to 30 percent hike.
Today they are looking for 5 percent, and if they can get 10 percent it’s a real miracle,” he added.
Salaries across the GCC stagnated in the last year due to dull economic conditions in the region, the 2017 Gulf Business salary survey has found, says the Gulf Business News. The average Asian salary increased 1.57 percent from $9,231 to $9,376, the average Arab salary was down 0.08 percent from $11,787 to $11,778 and the average Western salary was up 0.22 percent from $12,350 to $12,377.
Kuwait was the third weakest market in terms of pay rises with an average increase of 0.31 percent seen across the groups — from $10,794 to $10,828. Average Asian salaries in the country were up 0.34 percent from $9,117 to $9,148, Arab salaries were up 0.38 percent from $11,274 to $11,317 and Western salaries were up 0.24 percent from $11,991 to $12,020.
News Source: Arab TimesLike